Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our God is Greater

God recently reminded me of His desire to heal me and make me whole.  Often when I sing Our God, by Chris Tomlin, I think of the people I minister to and how God can heal them no matter how big the stuff they are going through seems.  Especially when I am singing the chorus:
Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer
Awesome in power
Our God, Our God
But this time, it was different.  God whispered to me, "I want to heal you too and make you whole again".  What precious words to hear after this loss because my heart feels so battered and torn.  And His words are not just for me, but for you too.

I was also reminded of how big God is, which was something I needed because it seems like difficult times in my life tend to shrink my view of God.  Remembering that "God is greater, stronger, higher than any other" gives me hope and strength.  He is bigger than my loss, my pain, my grief.  "He is my Healer, awesome in power".  He will bring me through this.

I had been feeling so beat up by my grief and sorrow that I had lost sight of how big God is.  Sometimes hard times do that, they cause us to forgot how big God is.  Our circumstance seems bigger and bigger and God seems smaller and smaller.  So needless to say, I am so thankful for this reminder.  I no longer feel defeated, but my hope and strength has been renewed.

I want to close today with lyrics from the song Your Hands, by JJ Heller because it has been an encouragement to me throughout this journey, and I hope it will be for you too.

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away


I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine


When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when...

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave...
I never leave Your hands

May you trust that God is bigger than your loss and pain, and open your heart to His healing so He can make you whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment