Friday, December 25, 2015

To Those Who are Waiting...

To those who are waiting...

I feel your longing.
I feel your disappointment, and oh do I feel your pain.
I feel your confusion, your doubt, your fear.
I feel your uncertainty, pondering if all this is in vain.
I feel your hopelessness, wondering if it'll always be this way.

I know this longing, disappointment, and pain.
I know this confusion, doubt, and fear.
I know this uncertainty and wonderings.
I know this hopelessness, yet I know Hope and He has a Name.

Some know Him as Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, 
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

Some know Him as Jesus, their Lord and Savior,
the One who saves them from their sins (Mathew 1:21).

Some know Him as Immanuel, God with us (Isaiah 7:14),
whose incarnation we remember and celebrate each Christmas.

And HE IS HERE WITH US NOW.

He is here with us now,
in the waiting, in the longing, in the disappointment, and in the pain.

He is here with us now,
in our confusion, in our doubt, and in our fear.

He is here with us now,
in our uncertainty, in our hopelessness, and in our wonderings.

He knows you.

He knows your longing, disappointment, and pain.
He knows your confusion, your doubt, and your fear.
He knows your uncertainty, hopelessness, and wonderings.

He knows you, and He loves you.

We can cling to Him when it feels like it's all falling apart.
We can trust Him for He alone can make sense of this mess.
He is our Hope.

To those who are waiting...

I feel your longing,
I know your Hope.

6 comments:

  1. Love you! You were on my mind constantly yesterday! This must be why. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that someday you will have what you've wanted so badly for so long. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Lisa. Appreciate your prayers so much! Love you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for writing again Lynsey! It is so beautiful. Beauty from ashes. He's still using you in a mighty way! I am still hoping for you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete